Thursday, June 30, 2016

Put a sock in it...

Feel free to share this.  Follow, subscribe by email, share God's Word.  Find us on Facebook here:

https://www.facebook.com/Simple-Daily-Living-1140594709318692/

Verse of the day:  Prov 30:32

If thou hast done foolishly in lifting up thyself, or if thou hast thought evil, lay the hand upon thy mouth.

We all have been guilty of this one.  The word "if" seems to indicate deliberation and reflection. Perhaps a gracious friend has spoken to us in love?

Example:  a person you know who frequently tells people about his successes in business and how much he gives to the church, who he's helped, etc.  Might this be a heart issue?

Application:  Put a sock in it, confess and repent of the evil.  See Job 21:5, Prov 17:28, Rom 3:19.






Smoothie Recipes:  Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think I'd be overweight.  Consequently, I've embarked in a weight loss/exercise program. 

My first experiment:  1 banana, 1/2 cup of organic vanilla yogurt, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 cup mixed berries, a bit of honey, scoop of steel cut oats, scoop of flax seed.  My first try it was a bit thick so I added some water.  You can certainly add milk.  I'll be a bit more careful and write down the specifics.  ;)

Get out in nature and enjoy the beauty of God's creation.  If you are in Fargo ND, the NDSU Gardens

https://www.ag.ndsu.edu/plantsciences/research/gardens/map

***Be accountable to someone.  May your day be blessed.  Mike


  

No comments:

Post a Comment