Saturday, June 4, 2016

Tater Tot Casserole/Hot Dish: modified

First of all, here is the link I used as a starting point: Why the link?  I'm not a cook and wish to give credit where credit is due.

http://www.cookingchanneltv.com/recipes/hotdish-tater-tot-casserole.html

Here is what I actually did:

Olive oil - just a splash - 1/4 cup seemed too much
Onion powder - 1 tablespoon vice the medium onion
85/15 organic beef 1 lb - drained of fat.
No salt/no pepper
Soy Sauce - 2 tsp
Worcestershire - 1 tsp
4 cloves minced garlic
Green beans, organic - 1 lb thawed
Organic mixed vegetable - 1 lb thawed
condensed cream of mushroom soup - 2 cans
2 pounds tater tots

During the last 15 minutes of cooking I added 4 ounces of organic feta cheese sprinkled over the top. If you don't care for feta, substitute cheese of choice.

I baked it in a 13 x 9 pyrex dish.  Took it out and sampled.  Found it to be a bit dry.  My solution was to heat a can of cream of chicken soup with 1/2 can water and then pour over the top.  It seemed to help.

It's tasty enough but I can't help but think it's missing something.  Hot sauce maybe?

Enjoy!

Verse of the day:  Proverbs 4:20-22:  Solomon is admonishing his son.  And you should certainly, as application, hear God's voice in this...


Proverbs 4:20-22Darby Translation (DARBY)

20 My son, attend to my words; incline thine ear unto my sayings.
21 Let them not depart from thine eyes; keep them in the midst of thy heart.
22 For they are life unto those that find them, and health to all their flesh.


Exercise schedule:  Saturday is walk day.

***Be accountable to someone.  May your day be blessed.  Mike


  

No comments:

Post a Comment